I hope you all are enjoying your summer, and we have a few opportunities to look at
- Deadline: June 30th
- http://scholarships.shpe.org/students/ This is the link, it will give you a little piece about each scholarship, and what the requirements are for them
- We encourage every SHPEito to apply, who knows you may get it
- Deadline: June 30
- From September 17-21 there will be a hackathon hosted at Brookhaven National Lab
- The event is designed to help teams of three to six developers accelerate their own codes on GPUs with OpenACC or other tools.
- Each team is assigned two mentors for the duration of 5 days to help teams port their code to GPUs or optimize its performance.
- No previous GPU experience required; teams are expected to be fluent with the code they bring to the event and motivated to make progress during these 5 days.
- Interested apply here
James Dyson Award
- Deadline: July 20th
- An international competition to help students and recent graduates start their careers in engineering
- This competition spans several months, as engineers at Dyson look over each entry and ultimately decide the winner and runner up of each region
- They are looking for designs/prototypes of solutions to problems, so if you’re interested, find out more here
- Submit your ideas here,
- Deadline: July 31st
- The MIT ACCESS Program is a weekend-long symposium aimed to expose underrepresented minority students to the benefits of a graduate education in the aforementioned research areas
- A broad exposure to the opportunities that can be gained from a graduate education in chemistry, chemical engineering, and materials science;
- Takes place on MIT’s campus on October 12th and 13th
- For more information click here, and to apply click here
National Conference Early Bird Registration
- Deadline: August 31st
- Early bird registration costs $225
- An opportunity to network and meet professionals to secure internships/full-time
- Some of the biggest companies will be there from Google to Boeing
- If you are interested in registering please fill out this form, we would like to bulk register, that means it’s even cheaper
- We will also create a GroupMe with all those interested
- We are also trying to get travel arrangements and knowing the amount of people interested in going will help us greatly
AB’s Technology & Operations Program Info Session For Students
- Deadline: Open Now
- We invite you to join us at our global headquarters to learn about career opportunities within the Technology & Operations Program at AB, a leading global investment management firm.
- Tuesday, August 7th 2018, 2:00pm – 4:00pm @ AB’s NYC Midtown Headquarters
- You will be given tools needed for professional growth and career advancement while completing four six-month rotations, before joining a permanent team.
- To apply send your resume and cumulative GPA to: TOPProgram@alliancebernstein.com
- Deadline: Open Now.
- Have a group of professionals from across industry look at your resume
- Potential to have internships/full time opportunities at places like Google
- Submit your resumes here, and answer all the questions so those looking at the resumes have a complete idea who you are
LSAMP Students Brookhaven National Lab
- Deadline: Open Now
- From July 20 – August 10 an internship will be hosted at BNL, for LSAMP students
- It is limited to 20 students so if you’re interested please apply soon
- This program will introduce students to techniques on solving science problems using custom code to create computer simulations and modeling.
- Unlike traditional coding courses this internship will focus on science problems that can be solved by a computer, no prior computer science experience is needed (preference will go to non computer science majors).
- If you’re interested apply here