I hope you guys enjoy the rest of the summer here’s some opportunities to look at:
SHPE GBM Form
- We would like everybody to fill out this form to figure out the best day for the SHPEitos
- Here is a link to the form
- Thank you for filling out the form
Mobile App Design Workshop
- Deadline: August 30th
- CodePath.org and Facebook are offering a hands-on introductory Mobile App Design Workshop Series starting in October
- Join their workshop series to jumpstart your product portfolio and get ahead with your internship search.
- Design and prototype the next million-dollar app idea in hands-on workshops.
- Get the inside scoop from engineers working at companies like Instagram, Airbnb, and up-and-coming startups.
- Applications are now open for sophomores and freshmen
- Saturday remote workshop sessions (October 6th, 12 weeks)
- Hands-on labs focused on either Android or iOS development skills
National Conference Registration
- Early Bird Registration Deadline: August 31st
- Early bird registration costs $225
- Regular Registration Deadline: September 30
- The price increases to $275
- From October 1st to onsite
- Price increases again to $350
- If you are interested in going we implore you to take advantage of the early bird registration
- This is a great opportunity to network and meet professionals to secure internships/full-time
- Some of the biggest companies from Google to Boeing will be there
- If you are interested in going please fill out this form
- We have created a GroupMe if you or someone you know are interested in going let us know so they can be added
- Deadline: September 30
- AfterCollege Engineering and Technology Student Scholarship:
- $500 – Open to currently enrolled students pursuing a degree in a field of engineering, technology and/or mathematics. Minimum 3.0 GPA. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Apply here.
- AfterCollege STEM inclusion Scholarship:
- $500 – Open to currently enrolled students working toward a degree in a field of Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics from a group underrepresented in their field of study. Underrepresented groups may be defined by: gender, race, ethnic background, disability, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, nationality and other non-visible differences. Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Apply here
- AfterCollege Succurro Scholarship
- $500 – Open to currently enrolled students in an accredited program, working toward a degree (AA, AS, BA, BS, MA, MS, MFA, PhD, MD, JD, etc.) in any discipline. Minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Apply here
Goldman Sachs Hispanic/Latino Leadership Summit
- Application Deadline: 11:59PM EST on September 9, 2018
- Eligibility Requirements: Applicants should be current undergraduate students who identify as Hispanic/Latino and graduating between December 2018 and May 2020.
- Date: October 10-12
- An opportunity to build relationships with Goldman Sachs professionals, including various senior leaders from our Firmwide Hispanic/Latino Network
- Immersive case studies and workshops designed to elevate your leadership skills
- Insight into how Hispanic/Latino professionals at the firm are inspiring, leading, and succeeding in a variety of roles across the firm
- APPLY NOW
Soylent Campus Representitive
- Representatives will increase Soylent’s visibility on campus through campus activities, social posts, and community engagement.
- looking for Pioneers who are creative, driven, outgoing, and able to work independently.
- This position is unpaid— Pioneers will receive product as well as exclusive Soylent rewards.
- If you’re interested in applying, please have them email: firstname.lastname@example.org with their information!
- Open Now
- Have a group of professionals from across industry look at your resume
- Potential to have internships/full-time opportunities at places like Google
- Submit your resumes here, and answer all the questions so those looking at the resumes have a complete idea who you are
- This website is to match students with mentors remotely in specific fields
- There are online seminars and many other resources at your disposal
- If you’re interested this could be a valuable resource to have access to, and always great to have more resources readily available to you
- Here’s a link to the website to learn more about it
Ladders for Leaders
- Ladders for leaders is a nationally recognized program that offers high school and college students the opportunity to participate in paid summer internships within the NYC area
- It gives students the unique opportunity to explore their interests and discover new ones
- You will get Pre-employment training: resume help and cover letter writing and interviewing skills
- Paid Summer Internships: need I say more
- Opportunity to join Alumni Network: broad network of alumni, post internship opportunities and exclusive networking events
- Interested here’s the FAQ
- Here’s the link to sign up
All the best,
Antonio Gambra Secretary