National Conference Registration
- Regular Registration Deadline: September 30
- The price increases to $275
- From October 1st to onsite
- Price increases again to $350
- If you are interested in going we implore you to take advantage of the early bird registration
- This is a great opportunity to network and meet professionals to secure internships/full-time
- Some of the biggest companies from Google to Boeing will be there
- If you are going please fill out this form
- We have created a GroupMe if you or someone you know are interested in going let us know so they can be added
- Upload your resume before the conference here
- You have register for the event, and once you do that, go to the job seekers tab, and click on manage resumes
- From there you can add resumes, so employers can look at it before you get to the conference
- September 19th, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Held in Career Center Workshop Room – Career Center, Melville Library, Room W-0550
- This is an event for that are interested in learning about INROADS
Comelearn about the great PAID summer internships offered through INROADS with TOP companies
- As an INROADS intern, you’ll have access to our dedicated team of trainers, mentors, and recruiters, all of whom are here to connect you with your greatest goals for success.
- You’ll be challenged academically and professionally, and we’ll give you the tools to rise to the occasion.
- If you are interested RSVP here
- September 25th, 7:00 – 9:00 PM
- Held in SAC 305
- Are you bad at budgeting, concerned about going broke within the first semester of college?
- This is the workshop for you!
- The workshop will be lead by
- He will go over how to budget your money and keep track of your expenses
- Wednesday, September 26, from 7:00 PM – 10:00 pm in SAC Ballroom B
- This is an event in preparation for the National Conference where we invite
recuitersto review resumes and do mock interviews.
- Attendees will practice their pitches, go over how to dress
- The career center will show how to use their resources to fund any expenses related to the conference.
- This event is MANDATORY for those who are going to the national conference!
- I would highly recommend those of you who aren’t going to come as well, will be an invaluable experience
- Wednesday, September 19 CEAS Involvement Fair during Campus L
ifetime Comestop by the booth and say hello
- Bring your friends and spread the good word of SHPE
- Not all job interviews are alike.
- As a job seeker
,you will come across a variety of interview formats.
- Knowing which format you’ll be facing in advance can help you prepare effectively.
- No matter what type of interview you may encounter in your job search, this webinar will help you be prepared.
- These are the people who are going to host the webinar!
- Carrie Hunter, Texas Instruments University/Diversity Recruiting Leader
- Juan Ramos, Cisco Systems, Inc. Customer Experience Academy Manager
- If you are interested RSVP here
- Friday, September 21st
- Join us for an exciting day of celebrating women in the fields of science and engineering.
- The WISE Conference is designed to educate and inspire women from all backgrounds to prepare for and pursue graduate degrees and careers in the fields of science and engineering.
- Conference attendees will learn about the challenges, opportunities, and the rewards of being a woman engineer or scientist.
- If you’re interested RSVP here
Careers in Higher Education Conference
- Friday, October 12 from 9:30 am – 3 pm in the Student Activities Center
- Hear from experienced professionals in the field, discuss “hot topics” in higher education today
- Network with others from local colleges and universities
- Free breakfast and lunch are provided as well
- If you’re interested register here by September 26
- Deadline: September 30
- AfterCollege Engineering and Technology Student Scholarship:
- $500 – Open to currently enrolled students pursuing a degree in a field of engineering, technology and/or mathematics. Minimum 3.0 GPA. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Apply here.
- AfterCollege STEM inclusion Scholarship:
- $500 – Open to currently enrolled students working toward a degree in a field of Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics from a group underrepresented in their field of study. Underrepresented groups may be defined by gender, race, ethnic background, disability, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, nationality, and other non-visible differences. Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Apply here
- AfterCollege Succurro Scholarship
- $500 – Open to currently enrolled students in an accredited program, working toward a degree (AA, AS, BA, BS, MA, MS, MFA,
PhD, MD, JD, etc.) in any discipline. Minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Apply here
- Open Now
- Have a group of professionals from across industry look at your resume Potential to have internships/full-time opportunities at places like Google
- Submit your resumes here, and answer all the questions so those looking at the resumes have a complete idea who you are
- This website is to match students with mentors remotely in specific fields
- There are online seminars and many other resources at your disposal
- If you’re interested this could be a valuable resource to have access to, and always great to have more resources readily available to you
- Here’s a link to the website to learn more about it
Ladders for Leaders
- Ladders for leaders is a nationally recognized program that offers high school and college students the opportunity to participate in paid summer internships within the NYC area
- It gives students the unique opportunity to explore their interests and discover new ones
- You will get Pre-employment training: resume help and cover letter writing and interviewing skills
- Paid Summer Internships: need I say more
- Opportunity to join Alumni Network:
broadnetwork of alumni, post internship opportunities and exclusive networking events
- Interested here’s the FAQ
- Here’s the link to sign up
All the best,