I hope everyone is enjoying their week so far, here are some opportunities
Resume and LinkedIn Workshop
- Held on October 24th, in Tabler 107 from 7:30-9:30pm
- Don’t know how to make a resume?
- Have no idea what LinkedIn is?
- Not to worry, in this event the Career Center will go over all that and more!
- There will be pizza!
- There will be students, alumni and professionals there to help you out and answer any questions you have.
- If you’re interested please RSVP
- Held on October 27th, from 9:00 – 2:30 pm in the Health Science Tower
- This is MANDATORY for all eboard and extended eboard members, highly encourage all members to go
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided
- Learn about what it takes to be a leader, and what are some pitfalls working as team might have to handle
- Get to know your fellow members of the La Familia
- If you’re intereted please RSVP here
SWE Evening with the Industries
- Held on October 30th, 7:00 – 10:00 pm in GLS/HDV Center
- Meet professionals and work on your networking skills
- Will be one of the last opportunities to practice before conference
- Be a great opportunity to get your resumes one last look
Noche de Ciencias
- Held on November 1st, from 7:00 – 8:00 pm, Suffolk Community College, Selden Campus
- We are looking for volunteers to help out with the event
- We will be hosting a mini-arduino workshop and have a straw bridge competition going on at the same time
- There will be food
- This is also a good chance to get some leadership on your resume
- If you’re interested please fill this out.
- Unfortunately, it has been delayed so when there is an update on when it will be held will let you know!
- If you’re interested in learning about internships, and what to expect from them this is the place to go
- Our own Maria and Chris will be panelists at the event, please support them!
- These students are there to answer your questions, so if you have any questions please talk to them
- Open Now
- Have a group of professionals from across industry look at your resume
- Potential to have internships/full-time opportunities at places like Google
- Submit you resume here, and answer all the questions so those looking at the resumes have a complete idea of who you are
- This website is to match students with mentos remotely in specific fields
- There are online seminars and many other resources at your disposal
- If you’re interested this could be a valuable resource to have access to, and always great to have more resources readily available to you
- Here’s a link to the website to learn more about it
Ladders for Leaders
- Ladders for leaders is a nationally recognized program that offers high school and college students the opportunity to participate in paid summer internships within the NYC area
- It gives students the unique opportunity to explore their interests and discover new ones
- You will get Pre-employment training: resume help and cover letter writing and interviewing skills
- Paid Summer Internships: need I say more
- Opportunity to join Alumni Network: broad network of alumni, post internship opportunities and exclusive networking events
- Interested here’s the FAQ
- Here’s the link to sign up
All the best,