The winter break is almost at an end so that means more SHPE emails to come every week! We have some exciting opportunities coming for you guys this semester and we hope to make this one better than last. In the mean time here’s some upcoming opportunities you guys should look into
- Held on Feb 28th to March 3rd in Washington DC
- Similar to Nationals, RLDC is a convention for you SHPE members for leadership development, though there is a career fair
- Early bird admissions are open now, however they will close soon on January 26th.
- If you’re interested in going to event without having to pay lodging it is $89, for early admissions, but if you’re only interested in the career fair which is on Saturday the cost is only $30
- This convention is a great opportunity for all members to get exposed to developing their leadership qualities.
- We hope to see you guys there!
We have a full schedule of events for this coming semester we hope to see you guys there. Here is a list of events we are hosting this semester please select the ones you guys are interested in going so we can plan accordingly!
Here is the RSVP.
Events specifically coming up soon include:
- Feb. 13th from 6:00-9:00 pm
- It will be a time to catch up with all of you guys and talk about the break but also to talk about what to expect this semester
- Yes there will be food, so you should come
- February 18th from 7:00-9:00 pm
- This will be a student lead panel where panelists will answer any questions you have about internships
- It will be a great opportunity to learn about internships and gain insight on how to apply for them.
- February 23rd from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- This event is a fan favorite, we get alumni from all over to come to the event and talk to you
- They are there to talk about their lives, experiences after college, really to inspire you
- It is business casual so please dress accordingly
- Breakfast and lunch will be served
We also need members to help us with the Involvement Fair on February 13th. We need people to help the eboard set up and man the booth, if you are interested in helping out please let us know!
Due to the government shutdown, many government employees have been working with no pay, all of these families are suffering as a result. To help with that we are working with a number of different organizations on campus to raise money to help these people out as best as we can. We are collecting gift-cards, non-perishable food items, toilet paper, sanitary products etc., or you can donate money yourself here. Anything you give will be great appreciated. Thank you
All the best,