WELCOME BACK!! We hope you guys have a great semester, we have a lot planned so we hope to make this semester better than last. With all that being said here are some upcoming events and opportunites to look into:
- Held on Feb 28th to March 3rd in Washington DC
- Similar to Nationals, RLDC is a convention for you SHPE members for leadership development, though there is a career fair
- If you’re interested in going to event without having to pay lodging it is $99, for admissions, but if you’re only interested in the career fair which is on Saturday the cost is only $30
- This convention is a great opportunity for all members to get exposed to developing their leadership qualities.
- We hope to see you guys there!
We have a full schedule of events for this coming semester we hope to see you guys there. Here is a list of events we are hosting this semester please select the ones you guys are interested in going so we can plan accordingly!
Click here to RSVP.
Some upcoming events:
- Feb. 13th from 6:00-9:00 pm
- It will be a time to catch up with all of you guys and talk about the break but also to talk about what to expect this semester
- Yes there will be food, so you should come
- February 18th from 7:00-9:00 pm
- This will be a student lead panel where panelists will answer any questions you have about internships
- It will be a great opportunity to learn about internships and gain insight on how to apply for them.
- February 23rd from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- This event is a fan favorite, we get alumni from all over to come to the event and talk to you
- They are there to talk about their lives, experiences after college, really to inspire you
- It is business casual so please dress accordingly
- Breakfast and lunch will be served
We also need members to help us with the involvement fair, on February 13th. We need people to setup and help man the booth along with the eboard, if you’re interested please let us know!
This REU Site entitled “Electrochemical Clean Fuel Production and Applications” offers opportunities for undergraduate students, working with faculty mentors and industry professionals, to engage in multidisciplinary electrochemical clean fuel research activities during a 10-week summer program. In addition to active energy research projects, students will participate in research seminars, workshops on writing and communications training, field trips related to clean energy, and career development activities.
- Program Period: May 28, 2019- August 2, 2019 (10 weeks)
- Compensation: $5,000 stipend + travel support
- Accommodation: On-campus housing (single or double rooms) paid by the program
- Application open: January 01, 2019
- Application deadline: March 15, 2019
- Webpage: www.odureu.org