Now that a bunch of us has seen Endgame we will be discussing the movie extensively, this is all a joke of course. We will be instead talking about last night’s episode of Game of Thrones and all that we have to up pack from that episode. Here are some opportunities to know about
As stated above we will still be having our GBM on Wednesday, from 7-8pm at the library W4535. We will be talking about both Endgame and GoT, and maybe get an update on the progress of the boat. We will be asking for feedback on our last event
- So Extended Eboard is open again for you to apply to, we have a bunch of positions open, and they are:
- Graphic Designer (2), Historian (1), Social Media Chair (1), Conference Chair (1), Event Coordinator (1),
- If you are interested in any of these positions, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org by tomorrow at 5pm.
- Your email will have to be a paragraph long, and talk about why you would like this position that you are applying to.
- This is a great way to gain some leadership experience and help out the eboard.
We are working on the boat in Mount, be on the look out in the What’s app group chat for more information about the construction of the boat. Roth Regatta is on Friday so we got a bunch of work we gotta do, but the boat will be finished. We will be working on the boat later tonight after we are able to acquire the hard cardboard tubes. More information to come.
- SHPE Scholarships are now open to the public, they are due by July 31st at 11:59 pm pdt.
- In order to apply, you need a transcript, letter of recommendation, a resume, a professional head-shot, and answer some questions they have.
- Think of it this way, if Chris can win one of the scholarships, so can you, if you have any questions about the application process talk to Chris
- Eboard is happy and willing to help you out with recommendations if you need us to write one.
- If you are interested in applying please go here
- Good luck to all that do apply
GEM Fellowship Program
- For those who are thinking about doing Grad School, this is a great opportunity to keep in mind
- This is for underrepresented people in education, Hispanic/Latino, African American/Black, American Indian/Native.
- You need a minimum of a 2.80 GPA
- If you are accepted you have to complete your masters in 4 semesters, and work for the company that sponsors you for two summers.
- If you are interested find more information here
Great Minds in STEM Scholarship
- Basic Scholarship Requirements:
- Applicants must demonstrate merit through academic achievements, leadership and campus/community activities
- Applicants must be pursuing a science, technology, engineering or math degree
- Applicants must have an overall minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Applicants must be of Hispanic descent and/or must significantly demonstrate leadership or service within the under served community
- Recipients must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate program for the upcoming fall semester, at an accredited 2-yr or 4-yr college/university in the U.S. or its territories
- Scholarship Recipients Will Receive:
- A merit-based scholarship ranging in amounts from $500 to $10,000. Information on the types of available scholarships can be viewed here
- Listing in the GMiS Scholars press release
- Transportation support to the annual HENAAC Conference, where Scholars are presented with their scholarship alongside the sponsor. The 2019 HENAAC Conference will he held at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort in Lake Buena Vista, FL from September 25 – 29, 2019. Scholars will be provided travel beginning Wednesday, September 25
- If you are interested apply here
All the best,